What's a good wage to expect/ask for in Sacramento?

A place for professionals to network and discuss the business and technology inside the shop.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:18 pm
I finished my autobody school in October and went to a couple places looking for work. One guy at Maaco was interested but just wasnt busy enough he said. I got a job in a different field but that has ended recently. I bought a 1970 Olds and by the end of this week should have it in the final primer coat. Im going to take my "resume" around to shops and I wanted to know what everyone thought was a good wage to ask for or accept. Ive never worked at a shop before and dont know anyone who does. I dont want to get taken advantage of but also dont want to ask for too high of a wage that isnt reasonable. What are the wages in your area if youre not in Sacramento? My bodywork is good and im pretty fast too even though I dont have years of experience. I wont be replacing 2 or 3 people by myself but I know ill be an asset. Plus, Im always on time and dont call in sick. I really want to get into a shop so I can learn. Ive learned a lot from this site alone but hands on cant be beat.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:42 pm
How about working for a paint jobber/distributor? We can always use people with PBE experience, and if you can string two sentences together all the better. I dont know what the prevailing wage is in Sacramento, but it might be worth looking into. Good luck!

Settled In
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:20 am
I'm kinda in the same boat Justin,yet I have not finished the class yet...get what you can and get your feet wet and go for your i-car certifications and what not...you got to start somewhere...I'm down in la!
:wazzup:

Settled In
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:25 am
napapaintguy wrote:How about working for a paint jobber/distributor? We can always use people with PBE experience, and if you can string two sentences together all the better. I dont know what the prevailing wage is in Sacramento, but it might be worth looking into. Good luck!
Sounds good to me,sales is always one of my engines driving me in my own ventures...love the hustle,the drive,the high one gets...got a link for and application?

:wazzup: :pcorn:

Return to The Pro Shop!