Good Repair Time In The Shop ? >>>>>???

A place for professionals to network and discuss the business and technology inside the shop.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:43 am
Wondering what average times are to make a person desirable to a high pace body shop depending on the Job of course ...
This job below was put in primer in 4 hours .....is it a good job and was it done in a time frame that employer would find acceptable ?

:bighug:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:49 pm
At the shop where I work at noo too slow did a good job on body line but why primer on bumper deep deep scratches ??? But my boss is a hard **** though our process is pull out dent put filler hit with the cure lamp for like 15 mins or so block it spray with 2k high build primer with rapid activator hit it with cure lamp guide coat sand with 400 scuff panel with sikkens final sand then mask car for paint in under 5 hours shoot base blend it then clear with rapid activator hit it with cure lamps car ready to go before day is over

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:11 am
Yes there was some deep scratches . The blend came out pretty decent I used a clear wet coat before I sprayed my base , it's the first time I have done the clear base before blending a metallic I like the visual it gives you ... Thank you for your input , when you leave off with the body work what's the last grit you use I Been getting mixed answers but I know some people have different techniques, cause the 2k primer can be used like a spray filler 4 -1 or 4-1-1 . Thanks buddy ..

Return to The Pro Shop!