quarterpanel removal and replacement

A place for professionals to network and discuss the business and technology inside the shop.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:32 am
I have to do this to a 1962 Chrysler 300 on the right side. Can anyone please give me a step-by-step instruction in the proper way of removing and replacing a quaterpanel, thanx.

Settled In
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:56 pm
45 days latter I notice this request for help.
Did you get the job done yet, still need advice?

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:11 pm
Well I'm not sure if he got his job done or not. but I have a left quarter on my 55 chev 2 dr. wagon I need to replace. ANY help or suggestions would be welcomed.

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:38 pm
Well if it is spot welded in then you can but a spot weld remover that cuts through the welds and the panel will have 2 screws in the bottom to unloosen and your done

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:49 pm
I've not totally looked into it yet to see if it's spot welded or not. My car is a 2 dr wagon and they don't make replacements for them. I have to use a sedan panel and weld in a filler part up at the top. I'm actually thinking instead of making a filler, cut my old panel so I can use the part of the old panel. I don't see any rust in the area where I need to do this. I've never done this before, so some advise on where to cut, and where not to cut would be appreciated.

The car was backed into in my driveway when I had the rear bumper off, and it wrinkled the quarter big time. I'm unsure if I'll need to find a way to pull the quarter before removal or not to get things back into alignment. I do have some pics if that helps to give me some advise on how to proceed.

Thanks for the reply by the way.

Return to The Pro Shop!