suicide doors

A place for professionals to network and discuss the business and technology inside the shop.

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:08 am
I would like to know if it is posible to suicide doors on a 84 Fiero. I have some idea but dont know if it will look good. Would like to have them hidden from the outside. Can anyone help me or know where I can find good info.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:23 pm
I dont remember what site it was but I saw a kit for them i'll try to find the site. If I do i'll put up a link

here is a good site for stuff like that- http://www.andysautosport.com/
Learning How To Learn

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:31 am
New at this thanks for that web site good stuff its just that i dont have alot of time to sit at the computer.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:13 pm
well then I'll try to find a pic of a fiero with them
Learning How To Learn

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:16 pm
I'm sorry, I have done suicide doors, I love suicide doors but a Fiero? Listen, the door would realistically have to swing OUT over the quarter to make it happen, unlike what it does now where it swings BEHIND the fender. To do this takes a lot of structure fabrication (heck, either way does). I have chopped tops, sectioned bodies, made panels from scratch and on and on. Suicide doors are some of the hardest things to do.

I highly recommend you spend the time and money on better things.

Brian
Free lance adviser

"Hitting the pavement at 100 mph really smarts"
Evel Knievel

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:55 pm
Did you ever think of doing lambo doors on a Fiero? I think that would look much better and be a little easier.

You should check out http://www.fiero.nl
Lots of info about Fieros.

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:37 pm
MARTINSR wrote:I'm sorry, I have done suicide doors, I love suicide doors but a Fiero? Listen, the door would realistically have to swing OUT over the quarter to make it happen, unlike what it does now where it swings BEHIND the fender. To do this takes a lot of structure fabrication (heck, either way does). I have chopped tops, sectioned bodies, made panels from scratch and on and on. Suicide doors are some of the hardest things to do.

I highly recommend you spend the time and money on better things.

Brian

Hmmmm suicide doors ? On a fiero ? Uh you mean something like this ?

Custom Pontiac Fiero Choptop, with suicide doors, and LT1 engine.

This masterpiece is called the Stinger and was crafted by v-8 Archie.

Still think fieros aren't worth it ??? Nah probably not.

Next thing you know you will be telling me they are sticking Northstar engines in them, slapping corvette brakes, and $5000 HRE rims, lambo doors, NSX and Corvette headlamps, and doing custom body work !?!

Hmmmmm,.......

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:47 am
LOL, I am not saying it is impossible or that a Fiero isn't "worth it". It was a statement about suicide doors in general and the "kits" are little more than hinges and very poor instructions. I have seen many cars ruined by these "kits" that some poor unsuspecting guy bought thinking he was going to "bolt" the kit on and have working doors.

That being said that silver Fiero is absolutly STUNNING! Holy crap that thing is on my top ten list, it is STUNNING.

I hate "lambo" doors and even on this I just don't get it. But the rest of the car is beautiful.

Brian
Free lance adviser

"Hitting the pavement at 100 mph really smarts"
Evel Knievel

Settled In
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:56 pm
I hate lambo's myself, but suicide's are a ton of work. andy's auto, has really screwed me over and my buddy over on some orders, be cautious.

any time I consider doing suicides, I go to www.suicidedoors.com very good people, and outstanding service.

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:46 am
MARTINSR wrote:LOL, I am not saying it is impossible or that a Fiero isn't "worth it". It was a statement about suicide doors in general and the "kits" are little more than hinges and very poor instructions. I have seen many cars ruined by these "kits" that some poor unsuspecting guy bought thinking he was going to "bolt" the kit on and have working doors.

That being said that silver Fiero is absolutly STUNNING! Holy crap that thing is on my top ten list, it is STUNNING.

I hate "lambo" doors and even on this I just don't get it. But the rest of the car is beautiful.

Brian

The silver car and all the others (except the white one with NSX headlamps) belong to a good friend of mine out in California.

He is the king of the fiero world with several custom choptop fieros with HRE rims, vette brakes, custom dashes and interiors, lambo doors, and northstar engines.

The silver car was his first effort, and is called the silver choptop or v-8 archie choptop #11.

The guy goes by the name madcurl on Pennocks Fiero Forum. Tons of threads there.

He is working on several others right now including the one with the 350z rear window you see above. It also has a one piece flip up front nose, z06 corvette headlamps, custom widebody, and his usual assortment of big brakes, HREs, and other goodies.

I know at some point he plans to also do reverse lambo doors.
Next

Return to The Pro Shop!