Painter and prepper

A place for professionals to network and discuss the business and technology inside the shop.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:18 am
Hi guys I’m a prepper and I would like to know is 30% of what the painter get is ok because I paint parts, cut in door jams, prime, sand, mask, buff and only the painter do is paint the out of the car. Do u guys think 30% is ok?

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:07 pm
That all depends on what the painter is getting and whatever local regulations there are regarding wage rates.

While the actual rates aren't relevant to you, here a reasonable painter will command $1000 to $1200 per week while a TA (prepper) will get around $600. So, on that basis, 50-60% of the painter's wage.

Do you know what rates are used when quoting jobs? Those should give you a fairly good idea of the relativity.

The one thing that I will say is that you have to make yourself worth more. If a boss thinks that you're not pulling your weight in the team then he's unlikely to be responsive to a request for a raise. Alternately if you're doing more than your share then he will be much more receptive.
Chris

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:47 am
Learn how to paint. Then you can do it all.

Return to The Pro Shop!