A great little body shop in Atlanta

A place for professionals to network and discuss the business and technology inside the shop.

Settled In
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:38 am
Gary's Body Shop on Covington Hwy. about a half a mile inside I-285 in Decatur, GA a suburb of Atlanta.

Gary's son Mike is an excellent painter. He does some of the best flames and graphics around these parts. There are only three and sometimes four people working there. Gary and Mike and a body man and helper. They don't even have a paint booth but amazingly turn out show winning paint jobs on a regular basis.

They have painted almost every truck that Hal Johnson (The owner of Godfathers) owns and shows. They have been commissioned by Ford Motor Company to paint trick trucks for the big automotive shows in Los Vegas and Detroit. They have painted trucks for many aftermarket companys that want a display truck that Pops visually to showcase their products.

These people are nice, fair and love what they are doing and it shows in their work. I consider myself fortunate to call them my friends. Whenever I have a paint question or body work question they always give me excellent advise and if they don't know, wonder of wonders,they'll be honest and say they don't know. That's character.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:55 pm
Sounds like a great place to get a hot rod painted. But these sorts of people will even make a normal paint job look better than most just because of their attention to detail.

Best regards
Stacey :lol:
55 Bel Air 4 door
75 Chevy K-20

Return to The Pro Shop!