School me on Nason "Ful-Base"

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:57 pm
When you get ready to mix the paint,,,Make sure you shake it and stir the gallon of base real good before you add the reducer. Then at the very last min,,,add your activator. Get the guy at the paint store to give you two empty gallon cans. You will need them later.
Only activate what you think you will need,,,not all of it. I do it one quart at a time. 8-4 is the same as 50%. (Some people dont think of it that way)
I would only add 1oz of activator per sprayable quart.

And remember,,,dont spray it to wet.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:19 pm
i may be wrong :? but i just read it off the can of full-base i just used. it said can be reduced 50-100%. i had trouble getting it to spray good at 50%. i was some where aroung 75% before it smooth out and i was going by the data sheet that specs 50% :? i wonder why the data sheet and the can lable are different? :? i have used it once don't think i will use it agin, i'm going back to chroma-base. :)

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:33 pm
I have made some money with DuPont Chroma-Base! Good product!
You can push the heII out of that stuff!

Settled In
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:27 am
badsix wrote:i may be wrong :? but i just read it off the can of full-base i just used. it said can be reduced 50-100%. i had trouble getting it to spray good at 50%. i was some where around 75% before it smooth out and i was going by the data sheet that specs 50% :? i wonder why the data sheet and the can lable are different? :? i have used it once don't think i will use it again, I'm going back to chroma-base. :)

I verified your comment. The wrap label does state " reduce mixture 50% to 100% ( 2 parts paint to 1-2 parts reducer) with 441-21 Ful-Base reducer)"

This is why I like forums; they catch the items I missed and I can get real world feedback.

Thanks..

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:35 pm
thanks, i thought i was losing it! the mind you know :lol:

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:38 pm
When I buy Nason base at my local paint shop, they always say to ignore the mix ratios and just do 1:1 with reducer. I follow those directions and occasional toss in a touch of clear coat activator if I am worried about it. Never had any problems.

I actually find Ful base sprays really good if reduced like Cromabase, just doesn't have quite as good coverage.
Previous

Return to Body and Paint