Do you think this is worth repairing?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:39 pm
Let me start by saying that any and all input is greatly appreciated. I know next to nothing about car repair and/or body work.

Ok so, New Year's Eve night I had a stop sign jump out in front of me on my way home from work and despite my best efforts I was unable to avoid it. It did one Hell of a number on my poor little 2004 Suzuki Forenza. It's not a fancy car by any means but it's paid for and it was clean and in good running shape prior to this accident.

The insurance adjuster is coming out Monday but I was wonder if I could get some opinions, based on the provided pictures, of what kind of repairs I'm likely looking at and if it's even going to be worth repairing at all considering it's a car that's a decade old now? Or for that matter do you think that the damage is to the extent that insurance will simply total it out and take the choice out of my hands?

Here is the bumper and the headlight assembly. Both of these are toast I think it's safe to say.

This is the hood damage. The hood opens (if you pound on it) and shuts ok but there is a gap on one side which is in the pic below.

This pic was taken with the hood closed. You can see the gap as well as the dent in the quarter panel there.

I'm not sure if this is anything major or not but that bar there is twisted like a pretzel.

Finally, this isn't a great picture but I took it to show the damage behind the bumper. There are some wires/tubes ripped out and the washer fluid container is just dangling.

So, that is a pretty thorough look at the damage to my car. What do you think I'm looking at? You think it's something worth fixing up properly or do you think I'd be better off getting another vehicle or would you think that since the car is only worth a few grand tops that it will just be totaled out? I know I could probably have it fixed on the cheap if I'm willing to use scrap parts or used materials but I'd prefer to fix it up properly, or if it's not worth fixing up properly, biting the bullet and getting another car.

Again, any help you can offer is greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Return to Body and Paint