Matrix Refinish paint?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:06 pm
I'm about to respray the front bumper of my 2010 Nissan 370z (paint code: KAV) and I've had bad lucky in the past getting economy PPG and SW to match it correctly. I've been using Wanda HS paint for small projects here and there and loved using it due to the price/coverage/match.

So I went to the local paint store today to ask them to mix up a quart of Wanda HS in KAV (I brought in my gas cap as well). She priced Wanda HS at $60 for a quart (non-reduced) but said Matrix Refinish usually matches better in that color group...she priced it at $160/qt (non-reduced). She was surprised since she wasn't expecting that big of a price difference, then she looked at the mixes and said it was somewhat like a chameleon paint and that Wanda HS wouldn't be able to match it at all.

Does anybody have experience and/or access to look up the paint mixes? I'd hate to be talked into paying an extra $100 for no reason... though I know the KAV is somewhat of a difficult color...it mainly looks grey but purplish/bronze at certain angles when the light hits.

Thanks!

Return to Body and Paint