Please Review My Priming Plan!

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:08 am
First one, No. Second one, Magna Force is the old PowerMate series, usually a Farm and Fleet type retailer. Pump up time is pretty long....probably a single stage, pair it with the wrong gun and it will be a water maker. Last unit there can again be kind of marginal if paired with a gun requiring high cfm.
Personally, I'd keep looking. Be nice to find a 3 to 5 year old 2 stage that some guys pushing out the door to move/retire. One went on craigslist here about 2 weeks ago for $250. It was gone within an hour of the posting.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:30 pm
:goodpost: exactly what i was going to say, a good used 2 stage is better that a new single stage. be very careful buying an air compressor their are a lot of variables out there.
Jay D.
Last edited by badsix on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
they say my name is Jay

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:59 pm
Don't mean to get distracted from the initial OP but I would not pass up a clean single stage compressor for the right price.

I had one for over 30 years and did everything with it, including painting. Considering how much time it was used for painting vs everything else the time was minimal.

One or two stage you still have to address water!

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:19 pm
I'm going to have to somewhat agree with you. the O/P needs to think about what he really need the compressor for, if its just for this one job or is he going to paint more as time goes by. the bottom line here is that he needs a certain CFM to operate air tools and or a spray gun. there are single stage compressors that will put out the CFM required. they are typically run at higher RPMs to get those higher CFMs producing more heat and less longevity and with more water problems. if the O/P is just wanting a compressor for this one job then maybe he should just buy anything that will meet his requirements then when done sell it and recoup some or all his money. just depends. if he is wanting to keep the compressor then he should look for a 2 stage.

my boy bought one last summer i'm thinking its a Quincy indust. model something like 19 CFM at 60 psi came with mag starter and only about 20 hours on it cost him 600.00 so there out there you just have to take your time and look. this is a much better deal than 500.00 or so for a single stage one.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay
Previous

Return to Body and Paint