Looking for Depont Centari 817a white paint

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:45 pm
The runs and the sag I was able to wet sand out. When I left the shop after painting the sag was larger and on the jeeps rear corner so I was concerned about sanding through the paint. Next evening when I went to the shop I seen the sag continued to sag and level out. Sag was gone or the corner and was only a single 4" sag. I painted for the first time in a paint suit (usually I'm in blue jeans). While leaning over the loose suit gathered to the front of my leg and gently caught the side. Ended up pulling the 2nd coat and part of the 1st coat. Tried to hammer it with paint and never got it to level in spots. Since I've never blended (normally if I sanded through I would re-shoot the panel), I wasn't sure with a SS solid color enamel paint if I could shoot the spot and blend in. I only had about 6-8 oz. of mixed paint left, not enough to shoot the whole hood or side panel. I lucked out in that it continued to flow out on the corner. Still sanded through on the hood so painted the bottom 4 inches on one of the sides of the hood and will see how good it sands out. Learned a good lesson. Next time I'll wrap my leg with a strip of masking tape to make sure the suit doesn't bunch out. Also the new gun worked very well. It's amazing how a good gun helps balance out (a little at least) a so, so painter. First time I ever had a paint job come out where if not for those errors I wouldn't have had to wet sand (for a daily driver).
Previous

Return to Body and Paint