Shopline jc 630 question

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:47 pm
I need a question answered before i continue using this product. Ive been using jc630 ob all overs and was wondering how long it will last. Both the cars ive sprayed turned out slick as glass and look beautiful. Zero orange peel, no runs. And no buffing on either of them. Ones a 64 mustang and ones a 67. There both kept in a garage. But both are being shiped out of the country. One to germany and one to france. Costumers was extremly pleased. But with the clear going on so perfect, there has got to be a downside. So thats why im questioning the longevty of this product? Anyone here have any experiance with the jc630? With slow hardner? Baked at 140 for 20 mins. Will it last?

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:59 pm
If you are concerned about "longevity" with a coating process why are you using a "value line" clear? Any value line clear coat has to compromise somewhere so it can be a "value." I mean, with garaging, proper care, etc. , I'm sure that clear would give a decent performance life but a premium clear would be longer lived.....
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:43 pm
Well the prob with both was price. Yhey only wanted to pay so much.. and on one. It was orange so paint was like 600. For 3 quarts. Cheapest i couod get it at ppg. And the other was burgandy so 290 a quart. Plus i only made 1200 a car. So i was trying to keep them under 2k. I was only wondering. Only my 3rd or 4th cars ive ever did. Been preping 12 years. Just got into the spraying side. Either way the cars came out excellent.

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:46 pm
Noone wants to spend money for good. Clear. Im wondeting if theres a better clear i couod be using for price im paying.. think its around 200 where i am. For a gallon and hardner.

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:03 pm
those cheap clears go on and spray so easy because they are low solids content,

they dont last long. not the solids content at 34% thats not much. also not the application box.

optimal performance of 2.0-2.5 mils. i would guess 3-4 coats to build that.

optimal would probably be three years on a daily driver.

http://www.sautobody.com/index_htm_file ... 0JC630.pdf
Experienced Trained Certified

SATA Spray Equipment Germany
Axalta ChromaBase Elite Standox Imron 5000 6000
PPG Delfeet Deltron Global Matthews
Sherwin Williams Ultra 7000 Genesis
Valspar DeBeer LIC
Akzo Nobel Sikkens Lesonal

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:49 pm
YOU ONLY MADE $1200 PER CAR????...... Sorry, should be using my inside voice..... Just because people "want" cheap doesn't mean "you"should be forced to be cheap. Once you get known for great lowball work do you know what happens? You end up with a lot more lowball work. They go out and tell all their buddies and all the cheap people form a line to your door. Maybe you should try offering some "levels" of work for what you are doing. If someone wants premium durability/performance they need to pay for it....and of course, you.... Go to the online store here and look at those clears...at least they are a lot of performance for the buck....
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:15 pm
1 car a week = 60k cash a year, not bad
Experienced Trained Certified

SATA Spray Equipment Germany
Axalta ChromaBase Elite Standox Imron 5000 6000
PPG Delfeet Deltron Global Matthews
Sherwin Williams Ultra 7000 Genesis
Valspar DeBeer LIC
Akzo Nobel Sikkens Lesonal

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:51 pm
Well it only took me 4 days on each one. And they where really nice jobs. I would say easy 5k jobs. But i gotta get my name out somehow.. prob 40 hours on each car. If i could gigure out how to post pics from my phone i would.

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:53 pm
All they really did was pay for my tools. One for my guns. And one for my conpressor and toolbox and da and so on. Im avout even. But from now on i should be seeing profit

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:02 pm
Yeah, I get it.... just keep upping your prices as you get a few more under your belt.
Next

Return to Body and Paint