Need activator for paint kit

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:44 am
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here. Recently I purchased a G2 high temperature brake caliper paint kit. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000G28PPE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_flmqBbE2A2CPB

However the paint kit was missing the “activator” or “reactor” as they call it that you mix with the paint. Amazon did their job and hooked me up with a refund but now I still have a kit that I can’t use and I planned to tackle this job Monday as it’s my only day off for the next week. Is there a product I can use in place of the missing “activator”?

I don’t know anything about this stuff so I’m not sure what type of paint it is or what the activator/reactor actually is.

Thank you for your time

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:46 pm
I tracked down your MSDS sheet on this product and while they are very descriptive about the chemistry of the topcoats I am fairly sure I couldn't pick out the "reactor" even if it was there..... Try this....contact the manufacturer, explain that you did not get the stuff (I wouldn't even mention Amazon unless they ask) for activation and see if they could drop some in the mail to you or if you run into someone REALLY nice there in tech. support maybe they can tell you of a substitute for it (I wouldn't bank on that happening.)
Here is the manufacturing info.....
MANUFACTURER'S NAME: LUSID TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
ADDRESS: 5195 WEST 4700 SOUTH
: KEARNS, UT 84118
INFORMATION PHONE: 801-966-5300

And hey,they do sell the reactor separately in two different sizes. Based on what little amount of this stuff is needed I don't think you will find a "simple" substitute....
http://www.g2usa.com/category/MISC.html
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:47 pm
DarrelK wrote:I tracked down your MSDS sheet on this product and while they are very descriptive about the chemistry of the topcoats I am fairly sure I couldn't pick out the "reactor" even if it was there..... Try this....contact the manufacturer, explain that you did not get the stuff (I wouldn't even mention Amazon unless they ask) for activation and see if they could drop some in the mail to you or if you run into someone REALLY nice there in tech. support maybe they can tell you of a substitute for it (I wouldn't bank on that happening.)
Here is the manufacturing info.....
MANUFACTURER'S NAME: LUSID TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
ADDRESS: 5195 WEST 4700 SOUTH
: KEARNS, UT 84118
INFORMATION PHONE: 801-966-5300

And hey,they do sell the reactor separately in two different sizes. Based on what little amount of this stuff is needed I don't think you will find a "simple" substitute....
http://www.g2usa.com/category/MISC.html

Thank you for your reply! I guess I didn’t search properly on their website to see you could buy the reactor separately. I’m sure it’s a simple product that I could buy locally but probably not worth all the fuss of finding out what it is and the correct ratio. I’ll probably end up just ordering it as amazon was kind enough to refund my money. With shipping it ends up being around $17 but still cheaper than the whole kit

Return to Body and Paint