fisheyes only out of one gun?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:23 pm
badsix wrote:there is probably nothing wrong with your Devilbiss gun other than set up and adjustments. also in the equation would be product temperature compatibility and application. without seeing pictures i'm thinking solvent pop caused by above ^ your new gun just happens to be set up to work with your clear.
Jay D.

i've tried all the different settings of that devilbiss, when i spray the hood using only reducer there are air bubbles instantly in the reducer sprayed on the hood.

i pulled the new iwata out of the package, ran some reducer through it, set the air pressure to 29psi 3.5 turns out on the fluid and sank the fan in a bit as the fan pattern is huge on that iwata and walla it works. if there is some magical setting i'm missing on the devilbiss then it's not the gun for me.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:02 pm
there are so many things that could be wrong with that used gun, just pitch it and stick with the Iwata if it works good for you.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:16 am
yes, that's the plan. i've should have done it sooner. i've seen a bunch of youtube videos of people using the iwata. that's why i took a chance on it. can't wait till i use it again.
Previous

Return to Body and Paint