What is your experience with tamco?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:00 pm
I'm strongly considering trying some of the tamco clear that is sold on this site. I'm not sure which one to get for my application. This is for my personal truck that is a daily driver and never sees the inside of a garage. I'm also wondering how long this clear will last. Opinions?

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:42 pm
Haven't tried their clear, but the single stage is awesome.
Attachments
100_4397.jpg

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:20 pm
I have used the 4100 Glamour Clear and the Euro Clear both apply and perform excellent.

My personal favorite is the Euro since it is more scratch resistant after buffing.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

No Turning Back
USA
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:42 pm
'68 Coronet R/T wrote:I have used the 4100 Glamour Clear and the Euro Clear both apply and perform excellent.

My personal favorite is the Euro since it is more scratch resistant after buffing.

And their customer service is awesome! I have texted Tammy questions more than once with almost immediate replies - plus it help support Chris and this forum.

Though Chris, are you going to add the W&G removers???
Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:19 pm
I've used the Euro and the Universal clears. If you don't have a lot of experience with clears I'd start with the Universal clear. If you feel more comfortable with most clears move on up to the Euro. It is a beautiful clear and is very hard when cured. On the Fiero I am paint correcting the difference panel to panel as I start fixing things is rather stunning.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:01 am
Sounds interesting Darrel, could we have a peek?

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:40 am
Actually, I posted a couple over here when we were talking turbines......
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27042
The tiger striping was just soooo bad on this car. I'm working from front to back, guy even striped the rear decklid. The orange peel is so bad on the sides it looks like textured coating. Should be getting everything straightened out over the next few months.....
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:06 am
Darrell, are both clears high solids?

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:11 am
Looks like a fun car Darrel

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:06 pm
Yes, I would consider both of those clears to be high solids with the Euro being the highest. The Universal is really nice for day to day stuff. I mean it is just shoot it and go for me....if it is just using my LVLP gun or my 4 stage turbine system....this stuff lays down flat. I only need to inspect for trash. Very light sand and quick polish.
The Euro requires a little more work in the cut and buff but your are rewarded for your work.....
And yes, it is quite fun......have to kind of watch that right foot...... :twisted: Looking at some new lightweight rims and W rated tires.....

Return to Body and Paint