Help need opinions on Nissan Titan XD

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:23 pm
I need to know if this truck could be fixed for a reasonable price if I was to buy the Door and Fender ar a junkyard. From the pictures, the damage doesn't seem to be catastrophic to me the frame doesn't look bad there around the driver door. Please, any feedback would be appreciated. [/b]
Attachments
truck.JPG

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:27 am
looks like about $6k to me. looks like pillars need replacing and that inner fender looks pretty rough,too. airbag stuff aint cheap,too.
could be less IF ya want to just put lipstick on it.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:30 am
:goodpost: the trouble with something like that is that it doesn't look to bad. BUT when you start to putting things together its off a 1/4 in. here 3/8 there this is twisted a 1/2 in, this captured nut is ripped out and so on. you may have to take it to a shop and have some panels pulled ca,ching ca,ching if you going to buy it you need to steal it, get it cheep.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:24 pm
tomsteve wrote:looks like about $6k to me

I'd double that.

Jay has it. That's going to need some serious pulling and then panels cut out and replaced. Note that a lot of vehicles now use steel that can't be repaired/panel beaten, especially in sills and door jambs.

Consider that the air bag sensor is probably in the base of the "B" pillar and had to have taken a decent hit to set the airbags off. Door damage has likely twisted the pillar as well. That big a hit may have also done damage to the chassis/body mounts.

I think that you'd be better off getting it properly assessed at a shop that has experience in this kind of work. Eve if you have to pay them for the quote it could save you throwing a lot of money away or, if you do decide to repair it, give you a ready list of what has to be done.

Meanwhile, who, in their right mind, would hang steps off the bottom of a slider???
Chris

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:56 am
badsix wrote::goodpost: the trouble with something like that is that it doesn't look to bad. BUT when you start to putting things together its off a 1/4 in. here 3/8 there this is twisted a 1/2 in, this captured nut is ripped out and so on. you may have to take it to a shop and have some panels pulled ca,ching ca,ching if you going to buy it you need to steal it, get it cheep.
Jay D.

lookin a little more im thinkin theres some damage to the front suspension area, which lookin at the LF tires theres already a camber issue.

then lets pop the hood and see whats blasted apart.

im thinkin NFT5 is more accurate on the price.

Return to Body and Paint