911 Question / Painting Interior of Van

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:12 pm
So I am painting my van with Upol Raptor. I got the outside all sanded down. Now I just need to wash it, degrease it, and mask it. The outside is almost ready to go for paint. The thing is that I want to paint the inside cargo area too to increase sound deadening and rust proof it. I am converting this 2003 Chevy Express into my little home on wheels. The inside of my cargo area is down to the metal. But the medal is white so I am thinking there is paint on it and I need to do some sanding. I will be frank. I do not want to sand the walls and ceiling. Floor will be a piece of cake in comparison so I am willing to do that.

So my question is for all you experts out there. Can I clean and degrease the interior cargo area, spray a layer of Upol Acid Etch Primer on the walls and ceiling, spray another layer of Upol Grip #4 Adhesion promoter on the walls and ceiling, and then paint with Upol Raptor?
If I do it this way, will the Upol Raptor stick to the walls and ceiling?

Please let me know as soon as possible. I want to get this entire project done by Sunday! It is getting colder and colder where I live so I am on the clock. :)

Cheers,
Keightley

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:51 pm
usually the Raptor liner will stick good to almost anything. I would just get it clean, wipe it down some wax and grease remover let it evaporate completely. then spray it with the adhesion promotor, then the Raptor liner. should be good. no need for the acid etch.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:15 am
The Raptor does stick fairly well, but mechanical adhesion is always better. Rather than sanding, using red Scotchbrite would give you enough to improve the Raptor adhesion without all the mess of sanding. Fast too. :)
Chris

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:03 pm
:goodpost:
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Return to Body and Paint