Using TIGER or KITTY Hair ??????

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:32 pm
I couldnt figure out HOW to post pic

I have 73 Camaro fender that has been sandblasted and epoxy primed (**********)
I do NOT want to cut out the area with holes.

Can I apply Evercoat Tiger or Kitty Hair to both sides of problem area
and expect the material to bridge the holes and NOT fail.......
I would sand and finish with RAGE or ????

Chuck Sharin Auburn,WA

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:02 pm
I don't think this forum and the people here are in to giving out half a**ed ways to do things. but i'm going to give you some info, being I did some of this back in my younger days. you should have blasted both sides and epoxied both sides. i don't know how big the holes are but if they are to big you can use fiberglass cloth or mating on the back side then do what ever you need to do to make it finish out on the outside. better yet would be to cut and form a piece of sheet metal and glue it to the back side as tight as you can. as for the NOT fail part, it could fail in 6 weeks or 6 years.
they say my name is Jay

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:11 pm
That's a really dodgy repair and ultimately it will fail. Jay's suggestion is a little better, but even he says you don't know when it will fail.

If it's a guard that's off the car why don't you just replace it? Much less work than trying to repair and a much better job to boot.

How to post pics:
https://www.autobody101.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14600
Chris

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:45 pm
Lots of ways to fix it, but none better than welding in a patch panel. That being said, you can still cut a patch panel and use panel adhesive/flanging to attach it. Or you can use one of the metallized fillers to fill the holes, building it up from the back.

Sounds like the holes are pretty numerous and large. If so, you need to replace the damaged area someway, especially if the metal is eaten away and thin...
"If you can't move it, paint it." - U.S. Army

Return to Body and Paint