Repairing scratches and dent on front end

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Non-Lurker

Canada
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:21 pm
Hello, my wife hit a curb yesterday in a drive thru and left some scratches and a dent in the front left end of our 2018 Honda civic. I wanted to get a few opinions from people whether or not this can be repaired at home?

I have attached some pictures to this post so everyone can see the extent of the damage. If I'm unable to fix this at home, I was wondering how much it would cost to fix at a body shop. I'm just looking for a rough estimate , as I know it can differ from place to place. I just dont want to get royally screwed.

Thanks.

20190601_170133.jpg

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:35 pm
So that's plastic, right? Take a hair dryer on high and keep it about 6 to 8 inches (keep it moving so you don't bubble the paint) and get it warmed up. Take a broom handle from the underneath (big screw driver or other long poky thing) and pop that out. Try to let it set out in the sun for a day or so and THEN take another pic. and post back here. Oddly enough it may not be as bad as it seems.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Return to Body and Paint