Undercoating question..

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:40 pm
If you read the SDS sheet on that stuff it's just a very simple 1k fairly low solids coating. Once applied it just keeps shrinking...... Just an opinion.....there is just too many "nasties" (solvents, cleaners, diesel fuel, oils, etc.) on the road to depend on old style rubberized undercoaters. I like the catalyzed bedliners as already mentioned. The Raptor can shed just about anything and does have noise deadening qualities. Not as quieting as the rubber stuff though.....
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:30 am
DarrelK wrote:If you read the SDS sheet on that stuff it's just a very simple 1k fairly low solids coating. Once applied it just keeps shrinking...... Just an opinion.....there is just too many "nasties" (solvents, cleaners, diesel fuel, oils, etc.) on the road to depend on old style rubberized undercoaters. I like the catalyzed bedliners as already mentioned. The Raptor can shed just about anything and does have noise deadening qualities. Not as quieting as the rubber stuff though.....

Yeah I agree I only tested with this product because I had a can I had got a while back for free, and at this point I just want to do the insides of my fenders only because they’re visible from engine bay and I thought the coating would look nice. I don’t want to buy a gallon of bedliner just for that. I think I’m going to leave my wheel wells alone.
Previous

Return to Body and Paint