Aerosol Touch-up product suppliers, good and less so

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:24 pm
Hello. I'm new here so I don't know whether this is a rude question. If it is just tell me to be quiet.

Auto-color aerosols are a pretty effective way to paint electric guitars in the garage or back yard. I've been sniffing around the various vendors online, because there are a couple few vintage colors that I really love.

But if anyone would care to share any tales of woe or tales of wow with the various suppliers and their products, I would be gratified*.

Thank you Kindly.

ME

*I am avoiding the word "appreciate". It's hot now. You can't go five minutes without hearing it nowadays. This too shall pass.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:37 am
:welcome: its not rude I cant really tell you to much about aerosols now days. but I can remember using them all the time in my early years 1950's painting models and I still use them for small around the house projects. I did have a friend that painted Harley tins with aerosol lacquer they turned out awesome. your best bet if your going to do a several of these would be to invest in a small compressor and a detail gun the detail gun will use a relatively small amount of air to do a guitar. the colors and materials using automotive paints is endless.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Return to Body and Paint