My blaster is making me nervous

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:20 pm
Took 2 fenders, two doors and my hood in last Monday for this guy to do media basting on my pieces. I've called him 5 times and he's only returned my call once in which we were having a bad signal so couldn't get much information.
Anyway, not sure whether I should go and get all of them and try someone else or not? He told me he would have them done in a week (last Friday was a week), he has good reviews so I'm not sure what the deal is. I would drive by, but it's an hour away.

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:28 pm
If driving an hour would help with "peace of mind" on your stuff....I'd do it..... I usually give new vendors I deal with a little more "elbow room" on time frames. Things come up, schedules change/adjust, things require re-work, etc.,.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:56 pm
Just live with it, wait until you here from them.

Blasters tend to be in a world of their own, i have had many many parts blasted from various companies over the last twenty years.

Worst one, body shell to be blasted, have it ready in three weeks, no probs, they send me a message three and a half weeks later, will be ready for collection this friday bring cash, so rang a towie, turned up at the agreed 10am and shop was shut, i sat there for an hr, towie left and said call him. So an hr later someone rocks up and i talk about my car and hes like, nah mate its still in the back shed, only half done..... i head back to work

Steve

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:56 pm
equipment failures happen, a fitting can wear a hole in it, it will look fine then pop there's a hole same with hoses. I commercial blasted for a few years you never know what's going to happen and the time it takes to repair. give him a little break!
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:17 pm
He did say that whenever it rains, he can't blast because it clogs his nozzle. I sure it's all good but I wish he would return my call at least.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:40 pm
yep, hi humidity can cause problems if you don't have good water traps on the blasting machine itself.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:59 pm
It's all good and I have all my parts back. Picked them up yesterday. I think they would be shiny. 1 Hood, 2 fenders and 2 doors for $350
Attachments
67 fenders after media blasting.jpg

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:03 am
Not after media blasting.

Clean them and spray two coats of epoxy primer inside and out before you do anything else.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Return to Body and Paint