Chevy Express Raptor Project / White Roof

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:30 am
I messed up the white raptor rooftop when I was painting the black trim surrounding the back doors of my Chevy Express with black Raptor aerosol cans. Never again will I use those. The overspray is so much more than using a paint gun! Anyway, the overspray that settles on the white roof makes it look dingy. I was going to spray one more coat of white Raptor in it to fix it but now I am rethinking. I am thinking that it may just be easier and even look better if I paint the roof same color I painted the body with, Cool Grey Khaki which is a grey blue. The reason i painted the roof white in the first place was to help with heat transfer in the summer.

So my questions are these. Will having a white roof really make much difference to the interior temperature during the summer? If the difference is negligible, I will just paint it the grey blue. I know I will have have to sand it. Will I need to do two coats? Or will one suffice?

Keightley

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:51 pm
It will depend on where you live.
Here in Arizona it can make quite a bit of difference but somewhere up north it will not.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Return to Body and Paint