Eye protection

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:26 am
Looking for ideas for eye protection. I have goggles that seal but they fog up. I have 3m glasses that wrap around but they don't seal well. Any thoughts?

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:20 pm
i'm not the safest person in the world, but it depends on what your doing. for general body work I usually wear good wrap around safety glasses. if i'm doing a patch, welding and grinding i'll use goggles and or a face shield. at one time I used some old motocross goggles I had from my racing days they didn't seam to fog and were a lot more comfortable. you might look into some of the sprays that can be used on your goggles I've never used them but some of my racing buddies did and like it. the mx goggles are a little on the hi priced side tough. for painting nothing beats a hood, or an air supplied facemask. a good fitting hood is really comfortable. I generally will use just a spray sock and a face respirator but it really depends on what I'm doing. and don't forget about hearing protection.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:02 pm
I am using these for painting, very comfortable. Actually I gear up before opening any cans.

https://www.amazon.com/Neiko-53875B-Pro ... 399&sr=8-5
Opinions on my choice are appreciated.

They stayed fog free for the first few sessions...then I cleaned them. Ive tried the spit trick but would like any other suggestions to keep the fog from building. I barely get 5 minutes before I have to leave the area and clean the fog off.

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:13 pm
I am not usually a big fan of chemicals for this but have you tried something like Rain-X Anti -Fog? We used it on several types of glasses, goggles, and helmets with fairly good results. On those type of goggles I would apply and let them set for awhile to gas off before using. It works better on some surfaces than others....might be worth a try...
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Settled In

Belgium
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:05 pm
I only paint occasionally and always use a mask of some sort, but I always had "dry" eyes after spraying something. I also tried googles, but they fog quite quickly. I bought a mask with integrated googles and it works well! Around 70€, cheap to keep eyes happy.

masque-complet-elipse-a1-p3.jpg

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:50 pm
Has anyone here tried the "no fog" spray from the scuba shops?

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:05 pm
No Fog actually works pretty good....Also look into Scott Goggles.....That's the motoCross stuff.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:34 pm
I'm an old triathlete. I used a cleaning product called "Foggle" on my swimming goggles. It works wonders. I have recommended it's purchase to safety departments at places I have worked that are high humidity environments (like papermills). You might be able to find it at sporting goods stores that cater to swimmers or triathletes. I haven't checked the web, but its probably there as well.

Return to Body and Paint