Need help for painting in NJ for ~25$ per hour

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:07 am
Hi Members,

I need help in painting Bumper,Hood & blend fenders for Lexus.Please let me know if anyone is interested in NJ.I can drop the parts off & I can pick them in a week or 10 days.I will pay ~25$ per hour+ Material cost.I prefer someone from here pick this project as side gig as I am not in rush to get it done

Can anyone please tell me what is book time for painting Bumper,Hood & blending panels.Color is going to be Pearl White

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:21 am
goodbadboys9 wrote:Hi Members,

I need help in painting Bumper,Hood & blend fenders for Lexus.Please let me know if anyone is interested in NJ.I can drop the parts off & I can pick them in a week or 10 days.I will pay ~25$ per hour+ Material cost.I prefer someone from here pick this project as side gig as I am not in rush to get it done

Can anyone please tell me what is book time for painting Bumper,Hood & blending panels.Color is going to be Pearl White

ill make you a deal. ill call 10 shops local to ya- non stealership shops , get estimates, add them up, divide by 10, and charge ya that plus plane ticket and room and board- deal?

OR $25/hour,guarantee its going to be a 80 hour job, i will work real slow and thorough to make sure i do it right, and you keep your nose out of it.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:50 am
II am sorry if I offended you with the price.What would be resonable price I should offer if some one wants to do the job as side gig in there garage & how many realistic hours I should expect to be charged for prep & paint work for Hood,Bumper & fenders

Once again sorry if I offended anyone.I am just trying to see if anyone who is in the community is interested(I felt this Is best place to get some leads for good professionals

tomsteve wrote:
goodbadboys9 wrote:Hi Members,

ill make you a deal. ill call 10 shops local to ya- non stealership shops , get estimates, add them up, divide by 10, and charge ya that plus plane ticket and room and board- deal?

OR $25/hour,guarantee its going to be a 80 hour job, i will work real slow and thorough to make sure i do it right, and you keep your nose out of it.

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:46 am
I think the point he was trying to make is that you should get some quotes from nearby shops and see what they are charging.

For $25 an hour you "might" find a local hobbeist that is willing but it would have to be someone just starting out.

Local professional painters near me start at $90 an hour. I charge less than half of that and have more work than I want.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:14 pm
'68 Coronet R/T wrote:I think the point he was trying to make is that you should get some quotes from nearby shops and see what they are charging.

For $25 an hour you "might" find a local hobbeist that is willing but it would have to be someone just starting out.

Local professional painters near me start at $90 an hour. I charge less than half of that and have more work than I want.

Thanks for the response most of the body shops I talk to them are saying bring in the car & we will give estimate but car needs to be towed & I dont prefer towing car to multiple shops as each tow cost at least 60$ to get an estimate

Can I ask how many hours I should estimate for painting new bumper cover,Hood & fenders

Can you also tell me how much would welding on new radiator support will cost(I took out all of the parts) It needs to be drilled out & welded in

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:43 pm
Thanks guys.I was able to connect with great bodyshop technician through another forum total cost including material is around 900-1000$.

Before I am ready for paint.I need help with radiator support replacement & making sure frame is straight.Do we know any frame shops that can do it in NJ preferably central NJ.I ordered the parts too.

goodbadboys9 wrote:
'68 Coronet R/T wrote:I think the point he was trying to make is that you should get some quotes from nearby shops and see what they are charging.

Thanks for the response most of the body shops I talk to them are saying bring in the car & we will give estimate but car needs to be towed & I dont prefer towing car to multiple shops as each tow cost at least 60$ to get an estimate

Can I ask how many hours I should estimate for painting new bumper cover,Hood & fenders

Can you also tell me how much would welding on new radiator support will cost(I took out all of the parts) It needs to be drilled out & welded in

Return to Body and Paint