Sealer and Blending Solvent

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In

Canada
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:41 am
The guy who mixed my base gave me sealer and something called blending solvent, unfortunately for me I’m having a hard time remembering exactly the process and because of this covid thing they are now closed for awhile and I have no way of getting of getting a hold of him.

I just have a few questions hoping that someone could help me out. I’m painting both passenger doors and the rocker, so he told me to apply sealer before base so everything is uniform. This is where I’m not sure, am I supposed to blend the front fender and rear quarter panel about 12 inches in with the sealer or paint the whole fender and quarter with sealer? Do I spray the blending solvent on the whole quarter and fender or just where I sprayed the sealer.

One more thing, just one coat of sealer should do?

Thanks, hoping to get this done this weekend.

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:56 am
Can you post details of the products? Without knowing exactly what you have it's difficult to give you application instructions. Or, you could look up the Tech data Sheets for those products.
Chris

Settled In

Canada
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:34 am
NFT5 wrote:Can you post details of the products? Without knowing exactly what you have it's difficult to give you application instructions. Or, you could look up the Tech data Sheets for those products.

Sure, the base is urkimix Besa series 5000, sealer is Besa Seal 2k sealer, and the blending solvent is a besa blending solvent.

Return to Body and Paint