Sand door jambs

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In

Sweden
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 6:11 pm
Sprayed the epoxy today. It went on ok, had some issues with dry spray. I can paint base and clear with no problems but I find primer difficult. I think I have wrong gun settings and move to fast. To get primer smooth, should I spray/move as slow that I get it wet with gloss/reflection or is that too heavy? My primer doesn't really flow out.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:51 pm
spray it wet and yes it should look glossy. some epoxys, I can't mention the name will separate if its to heavy. as with anything you need to find the sweet spot.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Settled In

Sweden
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:31 am
I sprayed the primer and it came out pretty good. Not super flat but not at least not dry and thick. As I sand I get burn troughs down to the epoxy here and there. Should I spray a whole coat of primer once done or just the but trough areas? Its on mostly thin edges so the panels seem flat enough.

Settled In

Sweden
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:31 am
Is it ok to paint base over where epoxy showing trough when the surface is flat?

I'm almost done with sanding primer and I have a few corners and such where I keep burning trough the primer som epoxy is showing. The surface feels smooth otherwise.

There is a colour difference where the epoxy is bone white and primer is dark grey. Base is light blue metallic

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:45 pm
you will probably be ok, BUT what can happen is that the broken edge has a tendency to swell up and make the broken edge line visible. the base coat is relatively a hot mixture and it wants to attack the edges. this is a good opportunity to use a sealer.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay
Previous

Return to Body and Paint