Best Location of Jackstands

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:21 pm
69-er wrote:Thanks guys. The gap changes I am observing now are very slight. I'll just support the car at convenient locations and fine tune the alignment if needed after the car is assembled and on its wheels. I am over thinking this. It's not a show car.

one thing i would do is load up the doors before you try and set gaps on them. by load up i mean glass and mechanisms.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:16 am
ScottB wrote:[
Nothing to do with ego. People often need a push to think for themselves and figure things out. Tips and hints are one thing. Asking for a babysitter is another.

BWAAHAHAHAHA!!!
babysitter- thats funny.
you go right ahead and learn by your own super smartsy self.
im glad to see people that arent sure ask question. they are wise.
this site has a helluva knowledge base.people that id take any vehicle to -and now especially a camaro.

* Banned *

USA
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:46 am
You do not have to load the doors with all the glass and mechanisms to set gaps and height. The factory never did this. I don't and none of the qualified techs I know do. I have weights that can be quickly hung and removed if I feel the need. I'd like to know how many common posters on this site do this all day and everyday for a living.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:27 pm
most hobbyist don't have weights. whether or not you have weights or the door guts its something that should be done if you want to get the gaps PERFECT. this particular forum is for mainly hobbyist or advanced hobbyist, if you feel your above that then you should use the pro forum here. we here on this particular forum Body& Paint get along just great, probably the best forum i've been on. if you have input that's great also. but lets get along, we don't need the sarcasm or the big me snotty attitude.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay
Previous

Return to Body and Paint