So stuck on orange peel

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:52 am
i'm with Chris :goodpost: it looks like your trying to apply the base way to wet. on your clear be careful with temps and your reducer or activator temp range. i also think you still have an atomizing problem not enough air pres. and or to high viscosity of your material.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Settled In

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:32 pm
Hi peeps.... So after the first clear I looked closely and could see the particules where a little lumpy....

I put the psi to about 34-35....... And slowed it down and managed to get a much better result

I have gone 3 coats with the clear. I know this is a lot but it gives me some play room to buff it down a bit and fix the orange peel.

My question is.... Clear coat. Should it be laid on thick and slow to the point where you think it might run?? And not be shy with it. To give it a chance at flattening out? It just seemed so much better finish when I laid it slower.

P.s - those are not runs in the paint, some water flinged off the top off my gun cap right in to my clear to my heart ache . but il try get them out when its dry

i got zero clear coat runs when I was laying it on
Attachments
IMG-20210209-WA0038.jpeg
Previous

Return to Body and Paint