Solid red pearl from Didspade

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:38 pm
I purchased crimson red pearl for my truck and they recommend black base but now looking at the color in video it looks like its gonna be too dark, can i add white to the black to tint down the color to like grey since I already purchased the black paint?

Also would 1 gallon be enough to paint the whole truck 1990 mazda b2200 plus behind cab,door jams,engine bay and camper shell?

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:22 pm
FEEMC wrote:I purchased crimson red pearl for my truck and they recommend black base but now looking at the color in video it looks like its gonna be too dark, can i add white to the black to tint down the color to like grey since I already purchased the black paint?

Also would 1 gallon be enough to paint the whole truck 1990 mazda b2200 plus behind cab,door jams,engine bay and camper shell?

who did you buy the black paint from?
ive shot the crimson red pearl over a black base i didnt think it was all that dark it was on a small piece of metal a practice sheet... and didspade has great tech support and phone service as well just letting you know

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:03 pm
My black paint is from tropical glitz. I want the finish to be little more towards the bright side cause im gonna have candy blue and violet patterns.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:18 pm
FEEMC wrote:My black paint is from tropical glitz. I want the finish to be little more towards the bright side cause im gonna have candy blue and violet patterns.

im not sure if their black will work or not
only reason im saying this is because right now im fighting a battle
where a black paint i have is not working correctly with didpsade pigments
its having a reaction.. are you using tamco's intercoat with the pigments or
tropical glitz intercoat?
im still kind of learning but might want to becareful id hate to see you have issues on your project because the paint and stuff didnt work well together

i just found out about tropical glitz about a week ago they seem to have nice stuff..

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:47 pm
The intercoat is from tropical glitz. primers,clear coat from **********. pearls and some flakes from didspade.

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:35 am
When doing different versions of Black Cherry Candy, I've used pure solid black as a base, as well as black pearl, or combinations of black or black pearl, with dark gray metallic. You can get different shades of your color by adjusting the base color. But "Please", do test panels first, to be sure it's the look you want.

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:04 am
Special effects auto stuff can really go south on some looks. Now I not only do flat panel tests but I started using those speed shapes to see how curved areas are going to show my colors.... TEST, TEST, TEST....
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:25 pm
My cousin gonna spray samples on speed shapes before we do my truck, probably well tone down the black to a almost dark gray.

Thanks fellas for your help

Return to Body and Paint