Help! blob of paint

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 10:15 am
grannyknot wrote:It's a 1973 Datsun 2 door 510

i was 6 years old in '73. cant say it was that year but i remember my dad and his brothers pitchin a fit about datsuns and toyotas........
while wrenching on their fords.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 10:35 am
i would like to find one locally reasonable. we have a roundie round race track here and they have a 4 cyl class. the 510 would make an excilent racer. rules state 4 cyl any 4 cyl. in the car as long as its 4cyl. i can see a built 22r Toyota engine or something else. its a highly competitive class, friend runs a VW with a highly modified vw engine and usually wins.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 1:01 pm
badsix wrote: i can see a built 22r Toyota engine or something else. its a highly competitive class, friend runs a VW with a highly modified vw engine and usually wins.
Jay D.

old friend of mine had some (newer) toyota he dropped one of them 22r engines in. seems i recall there was 1 or 2 years they were pretty wicked crazy. that thing had some pretty wicked pull and was a riot on twisting roads.

back some time ago a friend and myself raced a bug on 1/4 mile oval dirt track. our sponsor was small company that specialized in vw engines and transmissions. the guy knew vw engines and transmissions inside and out. lived out in the country a bit and had an rv/atv park.
we had a 1600cc engine. the guy knew exactly what we were doing and what to do without breaking the bank or the engine and trans. it didnt do too bad-blew by cars in the turns but didnt have enough top end for the straight aways.
a couple weeks into the season we were at his place discussing what we could do to get more power. his son came down the road in his sandrail and the guy said," thats what ya really want to blow away the competition."
son pulled in the drive, hit the gas, and that thing JUMPED to attention.
2000 cc highly modified bus engine. not for crap for top speed but 0-70 was NOW!

we ended up with an 1835 that made a couple drivers a little pissy.

Settled In

Canada
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 4:22 pm
Thanks guys, yes a sweet little rally/street car with a few mild mods, installing a KA24DE, 2.4L from an 1991 240sx, matching 5spd and LSD diff from a Subaru, should be much fun. I have a build thread going here if anyone is interested and if I'm allowed to link to it. https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/top ... /#comments
I will definitely post some finished pics.
Previous

Return to Body and Paint