1k Clear - sanded too much before polish

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:05 pm
I think the problem maybe that they make both lacquer and synthetic enamel versions of several of primers, colors, and clears. If you had lacquer underneath and sprayed a clear enamel version it would do exactly as you describe. You would have to look up product sheets or MSDS sheets to unravel exactly what is what...... and another good reason not to use rattle cans..... :splat:
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:16 am
DarrelK wrote:I think the problem maybe that they make both lacquer and synthetic enamel versions of several of primers, colors, and clears. If you had lacquer underneath and sprayed a clear enamel version it would do exactly as you describe. You would have to look up product sheets or MSDS sheets to unravel exactly what is what...... and another good reason not to use rattle cans..... :splat:

i think what is meant here is if you had ENAMEL anywhere under and sprayed LACQUER over it, thats when you'll get the lifting. i would call them they should know what the products you used are. i had a problem with Color- Rite got a can that was miss labeled, oh no we didn't do that. last time i ever used Color-Rite.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:07 am
My bad.... that is what I meant^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ hot lacquer over enamel= bad....
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:55 pm
DarrelK wrote:My bad.... that is what I meant^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ hot lacquer over enamel= bad....
:wink:
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:10 pm
What can I say, my brain is rotting after being pandemically challenged. One of my suppliers said they used to field 30 calls a day but the state government made them make several chemicals with one being drums of hand sanitizer. They went from those 30 calls a day to 8000 calls a day hiring 45 people just to answer phones and take internet orders..... and see I took this thread right off into the sunset.....sorry, back to our regularly scheduled programming.....

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:16 am
you did fine. its strange that people make one post and ask for help, then you never hear from them agian.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay
Previous

Return to Body and Paint