2017 Challenger Door Timeframe?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:04 pm
Does anybody have some insight on how bad the back-order for an OEM 2017 Challenger door is? I was told 3-4 months to get one? Is it that bad? I expect it take sometime but mid-March is insane.

Thanks,
Hunter

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:59 pm
About 4 weeks ago I was parked next to a guy with a 2018 Challenger. He also owned a couple of other later model Challengers and was still waiting on parts for them. He had been already waiting about 3 months for a rear trunk lid.... I've been trying a few things when I run into this with a lot of parts lately..... I needed another specialized turbine motor which had doubled in price since the pandemic had started along with waits on them. I did find one larger importer that was carrying the model but would sell to the walls when a group came in. I just kept checking with the importer once a week and finally snagged one at pre pandemic pricing in stock. You might want to just keep on checking with dealerships all over....never know, one might be setting on a shelf somewhere. And I hate to mention this but have you considered looking at the online used parts places? Check out nationwide listings at www.car-parts.com
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:29 am
Consider yourself lucky.

Here any parts that have to come in from OS for any Fiat/Chrysler/Jeep group vehicles have been typically 6 months and it's been that way for years. Wonder why they can't get a foothold here.

I've had Mitsubishi and Toyota parts airfreighted from Japan in 48 hours, free.

Of course, Covid has knocked things around. Ex Japan is now a week and ex USA is a year.

NFI. :rolleyes:
Chris

Return to Body and Paint