Retail paint store recommendation

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:51 pm
Helping a friend with a 1951 Dodge pickup. The truck was taken apart and painted roughly 20 years ago and never assembled again. Now there are scratches and chips in the paint that he wants addressed. Trying to find matching paint with no luck. Have tried using a paint scanner twice, no good. Was able to get the formula from PPG for the supposed paint, no match. The owner does not want to strip and remove the cab. Now I'm looking for someone who can mix a paint that matches. We are located near Richmond, KY. Any suggestions or recommendations on a source? Thanks

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:52 pm
If you can get a decent chip, contact http://www.autorodtechnologies.com/chad ... -and-audio and get an address to send it to them for a match.

I buy most of my base coat colors through him in Michigan and have them ship it to me in Arizona. Recently needed to match an interior blue color on my '68 Plymouth GTX. He sent me two small samples to try. One of them was spot on.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:11 pm
on your samples you'll need to let them dry. if you're comparing to a wet sample the sample is most likely going to change color tone after it dries, this applies to S/S colors.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Return to Body and Paint