Scott shop towels for panel wipe?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Non-Lurker

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:44 am
Hi, are Scott shop towels fine to use with panel wipe before paint? I see they also do a “Heavy Duty” version which says are solvent resistant, but none actually say they’re to be used as panel wipes. Just doing a small touch up spot spray so don’t want to get an expensive trade size box of dedicated panel wipes.

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:59 am
I use them all the time. Just be sure to blow the panels off with compressed air before spraying just in case some fuzz is left behind.

Never saw the need for the heavy duty towels.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Non-Lurker

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:34 pm
That’s great, thanks

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:16 am
'68 Coronet R/T wrote:I use them all the time. Just be sure to blow the panels off with compressed air before spraying just in case some fuzz is left behind.

Never saw the need for the heavy duty towels.

:goodpost: fuzz makers for sure. For final wipe before paint the sontara(type) prep towels are great. I save and re-use them for gun clean up. My paint guy is leary of the Scott towels his concern is with the adhesive between the layers dissolving with the w&g and remaining on the panel (I've never had issues though) For me the prep towels are cheap insurance. I use the Scott towels every where else to save when and where I can, but they are fuzzy...

Return to Body and Paint