Best looking White Color

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:15 am
I'm planning on having my 1990 Mustang GT painted soon. Factory color is white so I'm looking for the best looking white and at the moment it seems like Oxford White which is on the latest Mustangs is a good looking bright white color. Are their any other whites that you guys would recommend to look at? Looking for a clean bright white, nothing creamy or yellowish looking.

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:06 am
Toyota Super White has been around for a long time. Decent white, fairly easy to repair, etc. I've refinished/repaired with it half dozen times since the early 90s.... Lots of paint codes out there though.... just don't skimp on the quality of the base. Did that white in Omni one time, ended up pounding like 6 coats to get coverage/hiding.....
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:36 pm
Nisson has a real bright pure white, can't remember the code. i should have some i'll come back later if i can find it.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:25 pm
Oxford White would be correct for that year.
Check out Crystal White (1998) I think. Also Ford Trucks had an Aspen White in 1990.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Settled In
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:16 am
Did Ford Oxford White replace their Wimbledon White? New name but same color? Looks like it.

Chrysler/Jeep has a nice white but it may not be white enough for you. But when I see it, to me, its borderline meaning I have to make a double take to confirm its a little off-white. I had it on an "01 Jeep Cherokee. Think it was called Bright White.

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:18 am
This is 1969 GM Linen White Code: WA5111

Cab.JPG
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:27 pm
DarrelK wrote:Toyota Super White has been around for a long time. Decent white, fairly easy to repair, etc. I've refinished/repaired with it half dozen times since the early 90s.... Lots of paint codes out there though.... just don't skimp on the quality of the base. Did that white in Omni one time, ended up pounding like 6 coats to get coverage/hiding.....

Agree. The Toyota white has only a small amount of reduced black and barely a smidge of yellow ochre in the mix.

Also super important is using a white sealer or primer. Will halve the amount of base coat needed and ensure that you don't get that grey undertone.
Chris

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:38 pm
DarrelK wrote:Toyota Super White has been around for a long time. Decent white, fairly easy to repair, etc. I've refinished/repaired with it half dozen times since the early 90s.... Lots of paint codes out there though.... just don't skimp on the quality of the base. Did that white in Omni one time, ended up pounding like 6 coats to get coverage/hiding.....

Hi, I a m repainting my Tundra in Superwhite and could not get a local supplier to help match the color so found another supplier that sells Valspar LB100. I bought a quart to practice on fender flares and it came out good. Is Valspar paint any good? I want to redo my whole truck as the clear coat is now peeling.

Return to Body and Paint