Oxford White

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 11:12 am
Looking online for the color code for Oxford White that comes one the newer Ford vehicles and found YZ & Z1. Anyone know the difference between the two? Also interested in how Artic White WA9567 on GM compares to Oxford White. Any help would be much appreciated.

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 12:54 pm
PearlWhiteGT wrote:Looking online for the color code for Oxford White that comes one the newer Ford vehicles and found YZ & Z1. Anyone know the difference between the two? Also interested in how Artic White WA9567 on GM compares to Oxford White. Any help would be much appreciated.

YZ would be your fleet truck oxford white

Z1 would be your automotive oxford white
Experienced Trained Certified

SATA Spray Equipment Germany
Axalta ChromaBase Elite Standox Imron 5000 6000
PPG Delfeet Deltron Global Matthews
Sherwin Williams Ultra 7000 Genesis
Valspar DeBeer LIC
Akzo Nobel Sikkens Lesonal

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 12:56 pm
best for you to go to an autobody jobber and look at their color chips, they can advise you to the differences. colors and code numbers are all over the place and can change from year to year. the code can change but the color can be the same or the other way around or Oxford white might be glacier white the next year and still be the same color another idea is to go to your local Ford dealer and find a ford with the color you want and get the color code, year, and model .
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Settled In
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 5:45 am
I decided to swing by a local paint store to look some different whites. For the last year or so I had my mind set on Oxford White on the newer Mustangs but after comparing it to some other whites I'm not sure anymore. I'm now looking more towards Frozen White 'Z2", Alfa White "217/PAH" and Ulexite White "NH854". I tried taking some pics of the different colors using a light since it was raining outside. What do you fellas think? I'm after a bright white, no cream or off white color, just a good clean looking white.

Return to Body and Paint