Worried about work done

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:07 pm
Again it's hard to really say from that photo, but I'd suspect overspray as I suggested earlier.

As for the chips on the door edge and jamb there are a few ways to fix them:
1. Fill the chips, sand and respray;
2. Sand them smooth and respray; and,
3. Have them professionally touched up.

The first option is kind of ridiculous since you have to sand the filler anyway.

The second option is the best, and unfortunately, the most expensive alternative. Even more so if they respray this door again since the paint thickness will be too high and all that paint will need to be taken off before refinishing.

The third option is actually a possibility, especially if you can find someone with some knowhow. Not the shop you've been to; spray painters NEVER know how to touch up properly. A good tech will be able to fill those chips with paint and polish back to the point where you'd struggle to see the repair.
Chris

Settled In

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:19 am
NFT5 wrote:Again it's hard to really say from that photo, but I'd suspect overspray as I suggested earlier.

As for the chips on the door edge and jamb there are a few ways to fix them:
1. Fill the chips, sand and respray;
2. Sand them smooth and respray; and,
3. Have them professionally touched up.

The first option is kind of ridiculous since you have to sand the filler anyway.

The second option is the best, and unfortunately, the most expensive alternative. Even more so if they respray this door again since the paint thickness will be too high and all that paint will need to be taken off before refinishing.

The third option is actually a possibility, especially if you can find someone with some knowhow. Not the shop you've been to; spray painters NEVER know how to touch up properly. A good tech will be able to fill those chips with paint and polish back to the point where you'd struggle to see the repair.

Thank you for the advice, I will be going elsewhere and decide which option to do. I won't be going back to the old bodyshop, they had promised a 'guarantee letter' stating that they will repair any other defects that I find later of their work before giving the car back or if anything happens to the work that they have completed however they didn't provide it at the point of payment, they said they would give it within a few days so I paid by card. However when I sent them the photos asking if they can look into it when they are quieter, they just said that the payment has been completed so the matter is closed and blocked me.

They weren't interested when I tried visiting them. I guess it's an expensive lesson learnt.

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:47 pm
greyplastic wrote:so I paid by card. However when I sent them the photos asking if they can look into it when they are quieter, they just said that the payment has been completed so the matter is closed and blocked me.

They weren't interested when I tried visiting them. I guess it's an expensive lesson learnt.
About all you can do now is to call your card company and dispute the charge. They will look into it and possibly credit your $$ back. Also, I would contact the Better Business Beauro (BBB) and file a complaint, if you have a version of that in the UK.
Previous

Return to Body and Paint