Much Better Primer

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:56 pm
Hi Guys,

For the last 3 yrs I have used ProForm epoxy primer and thought it was just O.K. I decided to use a product that my local supplier has on hand--it is a name we can't say here. I'm not posting here to push that product as much as saying the slight price increase is well worth it. Covers better, sprays flatter and sands better. I'm sure the competition is just as good if not better, I'm just saying that sometimes paying a bit more is well worth it in the end. BTW, it was **********............. I know it will be blocked, LOL.

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:42 am
It is a good primer, but there are brands out there just as good
that cost way less.
JC.

(It's not custom painting-it's custom sanding)

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:58 am
JCCLARK wrote:It is a good primer, but there are brands out there just as good
that cost way less.
Do tell?? Can you mention them here?

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:53 am
To me, as a hobbyist, it isn't just about how good/cheap a primer is or how it shoots. It's about what steps of "different" materials are needed to get me moving on and done. I've been using this for the last couple of years now.... https://tamcopaint.com/products/high-bu ... y-primer-1 With kit car building and doing truck conversions we are constantly going over many different stubstrates from OEM paint surface, to raw metal, plastic bumpers/trim, and various types of fiberglass surfaces. That epoxy serves as my sealer, a regular primer, a high build 2k primer, and honestly.... I am never going back to those shrinkaholic polyester surfacers again..... We just use that one product with different size tips depending on what surface build we need. Stuff is available in white, gray, and black. With the gray and black it is self-guide coating. For turbine spray guys it is about perfect with 5 and 6 stage setups..... It does require mix/ induction time before you dump in your cup.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Fully Engaged

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:42 pm
I don't care how much I pay for a primer. As a hobbyist I don't use big quantities, I just want great results. I use one from the world's largest car paint manufacturer.

Buying cheap has worked out as false economy for me with having to re-do things.

Return to Body and Paint