Matching paint colour

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:42 am
GOOD FOR YOU!!! experimenting with your gun is THE BEST way to learn. :clap: :clap: and yes gun distance ( not often talked about) will make a huge difference. as you have seen in your experiments.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Fully Engaged

Canada
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:04 pm
badsix wrote:GOOD FOR YOU!!! experimenting with your gun is THE BEST way to learn. :clap: :clap: and yes gun distance ( not often talked about) will make a huge difference. as you have seen in your experiments.
Jay D.

Yeah tricky to keep the speed up when spraying that close,easy to get a run.Would prefer to have it not spray out so much.Was surprised having the fluid control closed so much it still pushed out a lot of paint.Was using a 1.4 tip.Reduced 1:1.
I think my next test should be on something bigger.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:02 pm
the 5-6" is about right for S/S i would try back just a little with base coat especially metallics. you don't want it to be real wet it causes striping and color changes.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Fully Engaged

Canada
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:42 pm
badsix wrote:the 5-6" is about right for S/S i would try back just a little with base coat especially metallics. you don't want it to be real wet it causes striping and color changes.
Jay D.

ok great thanks.
Previous

Return to Body and Paint