Changing a truck bed color from Blue to Forest Green

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:09 am
Hi I have a truck bed I purchased it's used with no rust.

I want to change the color from Blue to Forrest Green.

What grit paper do I need to use to repaint the bed color listed above.

Once sanded do I wipe the entire bed down with Laqure thinner?

Is there any other steps im not thinking about?

Once the bed has been completely prepped can I lay the Forrest green paint right on top of the green ?

Thank for any help ?
Jim

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:45 pm
so what kind of job do you want to, end up with ? what material are you going to use base coat S/S or? DON'T use lacquer thinner to wipe it down. do you need to do any work to the bed ? what kind of tools do you have ?
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

No Turning Back
USA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:55 pm
Jim,

Your question is kind of like asking "What size hammer should I buy to build my own house?"

What is your auto paint experience? If you are new, you should read through a bunch of this site's old posts. These guys have posted literally hundreds if not thousands of combined hours of experience and knowledge for all in a non-BS manner. And they are certainly very helpful if you want to put in the effort and time. If you'd like to see some BS answers, just go to any car audio forum!

If you are an expert with years of experience, you will want to give more (a lot more) info and post photos. Though I would expect that you would already know the answer.

If you want to learn, this is the place. They got me doing stuff that I wouldn't have thought I could do at home.
Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Return to Body and Paint