Body work done?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 3:36 pm
I bought a brand new truck and about a week after owning it, I noticed this on the rear passenger side door. None of the other doors look like this and I checked multiple dealerships and multiple exact same vehicles and none look like this. I have a feeling my brand new truck was damaged and repaired and it was not disclosed to me.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/C5NPhHf

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 9:50 pm
Well, I blew up your pic.s and hit some colored filters over them to enhance details..... so yeah, something looks like it happened and was corrected (well, if you can call it that). My guess would be transporter damage from the rail carrier or the car hauler transporter. Guys have to physically move stuff around, wind grabs a door, and boom!, instant edge damage....If you don't get satisfaction from your dealer I'd bump it up to coporate. I'm not sure how "fit and finish" is handled under lemon law but it would be worth checking out. Here in my state we are protected by the following falling under lemon law.... A lemon is a new motor vehicle that has one or more problems, covered by the warranty, that substantially impair the use, value or safety of that vehicle. The problems must occur within the first year or first 18,000 miles, whichever comes first.
I put that word value in bold because that is how I would view this problem....
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 10:07 am
DarrelK wrote:Well, I blew up your pic.s and hit some colored filters over them to enhance details..... so yeah, something looks like it happened and was corrected (well, if you can call it that). My guess would be transporter damage from the rail carrier or the car hauler transporter. Guys have to physically move stuff around, wind grabs a door, and boom!, instant edge damage....If you don't get satisfaction from your dealer I'd bump it up to coporate. I'm not sure how "fit and finish" is handled under lemon law but it would be worth checking out. Here in my state we are protected by the following falling under lemon law.... A lemon is a new motor vehicle that has one or more problems, covered by the warranty, that substantially impair the use, value or safety of that vehicle. The problems must occur within the first year or first 18,000 miles, whichever comes first.
I put that word value in bold because that is how I would view this problem....

Thanks for the reply. The dealership is making it seem like it might have been a factory cosmetic defect. I checked multiple other vehicles and none of them look like that. They say they want to fix it, but now I’m concerned about the resale value if it isn’t repaired to perfection. The only way I see that happening is with a complete door replacement.

Return to Body and Paint