metal2metal sucks?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:08 pm
I'm scratching my head over this. Removed some emblem mounting holes from a panel with MIG, all quick like finished with a grinder cause I don't care on this job. Put some metal2metal where the holes were, just had very slight shallow impressions to fill from where I ground down the welds. The whole panel was beat to hell so M2M to fill those low spots too, tap down the highs, then a skim coat of rage gold over everything. Let it cure for 3 full days, one of which was in the sun for 6 hours. Sand it perfectly flat, seal it, primer-surfacer, let it sit a couple days. I block out the primer and I break right through the sealer down to filler and beside it theres still guide coat in the impressions where the holes were?! WTF? The filler was dead straight, I never touched it with anything but a 22" block.

Metal2metal was in the impressions, it was flat before the rage gold went over top, so the only thing I can figure is that after 3 bloody days curing metal2metal shrinks? What's that all about?

Return to Body and Paint