Mfg Support in a message board like this.

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:29 pm
wouldn't it be cool if we could get a mfg of paint to drop in here and help out with some of the questions. It would sure be cool. I am looking at it this way. If I was to choose a mfg of paint for my car I probably choose the guy that was here answering questions about his paint. Just my two cents

Brad

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:12 am
I was thinking of something along those lines. This was the purpose for the tools and supplies section. Luckily there are knowledgable people responding already, but no manufacturer reps.
64 Chevy - Bel Air, 2 door, 283, PG
79 Vespa - P125 all stock for now!

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:06 am
:!: We already have one. PPG4life is a PPG Paint rep. and is very knowledgeable about their products. Just my 2 cents.

Settled In
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:54 pm
Most manufacturer reps won't get involved in message boards because they don't want something they might have said in a forum such as this to be taken or used out of context.Unfortunately that kind of thing happens.I actually left PPG in Sept. 2000 to open up a PPG Platnium distributorship in Nashville.I got tired of traveling and I wanted to come back home.I think that this is one of a few very good forums where all kinds of people to get as much information as they can on any paint they want.If I can answer someones question that keeps him or her from throwing their money and time away then it's worth it.I don't see that much in shops anymore.Everyone is after the almighty dollar and no one wants to help one another.So a few boards like this one and paintucation.com are great outlets for different sources of information.If we don't help one another no one else will.
Brian

Return to Body and Paint