which paint?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:25 am
Want to repaint '90 BMW original color. I went on PPG site and saw that prices for premium grade wasn't that much higher than Omni, considering how much I'll need. Is the more expensive better...do you get what you pay for?

Settled In
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:01 pm
Ed, if you didn't see much difference in the Omni versus the DBC then I would use the DBC.The one difference in the price is the amount of money spent on training and marketing the higher end PPG lines.There is no training,marketing or warranty involved in the Omni line.The coverage isn't quite as good as the higher end lines but the Omni clears are dynamite.The undercoats are good and they have seemed to held up well on different projects I've seen done over the years.I like the Omni line for what it is, an affordable alternative to the Deltron and Global lines of PPG.HTH.
Brian

Settled In
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:18 am
Thanks Brian. I don't want to throw money at the car for fun. It's just that I was hoping that Global might provide greater longevityfor the extra $$$. My garage became my woodworking shop long ago and the car is always out. My wife's cars come and go but I was hoping that my old boat and I could drive off into the sunset some years down the road. (violin music, please)

Return to Body and Paint