Bodywork and Painting Videos?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:43 pm
Hi everybody, I am just getting into bodywork and painting and I am interested in purchasing some videos to learn. Are there any recommendations? It seems like a good set will run well over $100 and I don't want to shell out the cash without some recommendations first. Anybody have some previously viewed videos they'd like to get rid of??? :wink:

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:11 pm
Try starting with one or two. My recommendations would be either Paint your own car, or Metal Prep and Rust Repair. The Color Sanding and Buffing can wait until you're at that step.
64 Chevy - Bel Air, 2 door, 283, PG
79 Vespa - P125 all stock for now!

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:29 pm
[quote="DalyCity64"]Try starting with one or two. My recommendations would be either Paint your own car, or Metal Prep and Rust Repair. The Color Sanding and Buffing can wait until you're at that step.[/quote]

I agree, great tapes for sure, you can get them at this forum. I would sell mine but am still learning, :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:11 pm
Hello Slmdud

First of all welcome to this, I love it and read it almost every day. :D

Second, quality education materials are cheap at any cost. Remember that when you paint your car you will be putting several hundred to a couple thousand dallors worth of product on your car. The money you invest in learning will return many fold in saving and enjoyment.

Many of the mistakes I have seen on paint jobs don't show up until you are putting on the top-coat or a couple months later. Then you must go back to the metal and start over. And that will cost more that a 100 bucks.

So, don't be cheap on learning your craft before start the project and laying out the serious cash.

Good skill on your project and best regards
Stacey :)
55 Bel Air 4 door
75 Chevy K-20

Settled In
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:02 am
One word----Paintucation :!: :!: Rocks!
3 great videos with a brand new one just released!I have the first three,have to wait for better cash flow for the newest.
Kevin knows.

HTH Joe 8)

Return to Body and Paint