replacing truck cab corners

More of an art than a science - discuss metalworking and welding here.

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:47 pm
For an inexperienced welder(MIG gas) what is the best way to weld cab corners? This is my first attempt at welding body panels and I want it to be successfully done. The spot welds have all been removed and I'm at the point where I need to remove the corners and weld the new ones. Can I lap weld this and have it look decent or is butt welding the answer?
I've been looking for some examples on the WEB that might illustrate a way to do this but haven't been successful in finding any. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:12 pm
This might help, its not a cab corner but should be helpful.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/showt ... adid=82480
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:49 am
Pat wrote:For an inexperienced welder(MIG gas) what is the best way to weld cab corners? This is my first attempt at welding body panels and I want it to be successfully done. The spot welds have all been removed and I'm at the point where I need to remove the corners and weld the new ones. Can I lap weld this and have it look decent or is butt welding the answer?
I've been looking for some examples on the WEB that might illustrate a way to do this but haven't been successful in finding any. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.[/

I would glue the cab corners in did mine looks greatdave

Return to Welding & Metal Fab