Need help on color sanding.(lots of dirt particals)

Discuss anything after that final masking comes off.

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:01 am
I just painted my sons truck (base coat clear coat)It looked awsome.After the 4th coat of clear I was very satisfied with the job .I live in the country (dirt roads) and an idiot came down the road and saw the truck drying still ,and did a couple doughnuts :twisted: .I got lots of dirt in the clearcoat...My ???? is (do I use a DA with 1200 wetsand or do it by hand or what) I am afraid of getting scratches from the sand...Any help would be appriciated..Grits? equipment? :?:
Classics are were its at....

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:09 am
awww man that sux sorry to hear such JO exist!

Im no expert but Id say ur better off wet sanding by hand and rinsing OFTEN, I think the DA may make things worse.

I gotta ask cuz Im kinda surprised to hear that u had good results spraying the truck outdoors w/out making a plastic booth. Was this ur first job?

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:43 am
Thanks for the advise against the D.A.I really apriciate it.No I have painted 5 0r 6 before but I still am getting set up and my garage is in need of flourecents yet,so it was a nice day out and decided to go for it. I'll be getting the lighting problem solved this week. I should have known better.
This forum Is awsome for a guy like me who is trying to get it right....Thanks to all..
Classics are were its at....

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:28 am
I think you would be better off wetsanding because yes doing it by hand could scratch the paint. Hope it helps. sorry to hear bout the bulls*it.

Return to Cut, Buff, Polish & Detail