Aus equivalent to the Portercable 7424xp?

Discuss anything after that final masking comes off.

Settled In

Australia
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:23 am
Hi,

For a novice, I'm looking for something like this in Aus? or that I can use in Aus.

Fully Engaged

Australia
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:37 am
they make tools for us here to champ, im a plasterer and my sander is a portercable
i have used my normal orbital sander for polishing and waxing, not yet for cutting tho, altho i reckon it would do the job nicely, might take a little longer than a rotary buffer tho.
krem

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:44 pm
Yes, these are available here but at stupid prices. Alternatives are Rupes or Festool, also very expensive. I use a Cyclo which is the 110v variable speed version. About $450 delivered from the US and $50 for a transformer from Ebay. Plus an extension lead with the US style plugs. The local distributor wanted $1200 for the 240v version. :shock:

For occasional use as a polisher there is a variable speed Bosch model available at Bunnings or similar which is quite good and will set you back around $150.
Chris

Fully Engaged

Australia
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:22 am
you can buy the wax attack systems for around 150, prob not real good for cutting tho, havent used 1
my orbi is a metabo, has 2 orb settings, fine and coarse, think it cost me $350 and is awesome, the nearest competitor was festool at around $900
i havent used it for cutting, but for polishing and waxing, it was excellent, i just got a set of 6" pads off ebay for around $40, just some chinese things, think there were 6 or 7 different pads of different colors.
you can buy air operated polishers, i have a small 1 and its ok, hasnt got much grunt for cutting tho, but i only use it for real small areas
krem

Return to Cut, Buff, Polish & Detail