Pad not up to snuff?

Discuss anything after that final masking comes off.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:31 pm
Dicey58 wrote:Wow. Amazing. I'm willing to go the extra mile, but I'm thinking I don't know exactly what I'm looking at when it comes to sanding all the previous scratches... I'm guessing I didn't get all the scratch out then.

something i do when sanding to help see refinement when sanding is change sanding direction between grits. start sanding in a /////// direction, then when i switch grits sand in a \\\\\\\\\ direction. it helps me to see the refinement and if i did enough sanding.

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:58 am
tomsteve wrote:
Dicey58 wrote:Wow. Amazing. I'm willing to go the extra mile, but I'm thinking I don't know exactly what I'm looking at when it comes to sanding all the previous scratches... I'm guessing I didn't get all the scratch out then.

something i do when sanding to help see refinement when sanding is change sanding direction between grits. start sanding in a /////// direction, then when i switch grits sand in a \\\\\\\\\ direction. it helps me to see the refinement and if i did enough sanding.

What if I had used a 3/32 DA with an interface pad? Finished with 2000. Your way by hand I'd think would be easier to see with your change of direction for sure. Was it a mistake to use the DA? Thank you. Josh.
Previous

Return to Cut, Buff, Polish & Detail